One of the most time consuming tasks in the developement of our poker app is quality control…
– commenting every segment (to prevent misunderstandings on updates)
– long code review sessions
– equip each function with detailed data monitoring code (e.g. each interface)
– writing thousands of test cases
– test runs, test runs and more test runs
This is especially important for poker programs, as every bug in the AI will result in exploitable behaviour or other problems that spoil the fun of the game.
Numerous bugs in every single of the available offline-poker-apps (!) was the reason that started this project, so special care is taken not to make the same mistakes.